Monday, December 13, 2004

AFI's Top 10 of 2004

Hey all,

The Golden Globe nominations were announced this morning. I'll have comments up in a week or so, since The Aviator was nominated big time and it hasn't been released yet so I haven't actually seen it. Yeah. So, find 'em online...good stuff overall.

In the meantime, here's the AFI's top 10 list of 2004....

THE AVIATOR
COLLATERAL
ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND
FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS
THE INCREDIBLES
KINSEY
MARIA FULL OF GRACE
MILLION DOLLAR BABY
SIDEWAYS
SPIDER-MAN 2

Okay, good list...HUGE props for having Collateral, The Incredibles, and (the one I'm happiest for) Spider-Man 2. But...where does Friday Night Lights get off? I didn't actually see it, but John tells me that if he didn't see it with the football guys, it wouldn't have been so good. And every review said it was just decent. Argh. But, hey, they got Spidey, so I'm happy!

Oh, and SOMETIME today the Batman Begins trailer will be online, and it kicks all kinds of ass (which I determined from this REALLY crappy lo-res version I found)...keep checking...

www.batmanbegins.com

4 comments:

John and Karolyn said...

I'm saddened greatly that Friday Night Lights beat out Garden State. I suppose I'll have to go see Sideways now at some point, too...likewise with The Aviator, Maria Full of Grace, and Million Dollar Baby. Any idea when/if these movies will go to valley?

-JB

Ben said...

I think I just saw the trailer. I think what I just saw was fucking awesome.

Scott said...

Okay, yeah, just TRY to tell me that Batman trailer didn't kick ass. JUST TRY.

Bruce training with Liam Neeson (and Neeson's wearing the black spike things Batman puts on his wrists!)

Bruce's ninja training on top of those pillars.

Bruce MAKING A BATARANG.

Spray-painting his suit (see, even now, here's something one of the four previous films should have thought of).

And then there's all the shots of Batman in action...coming down that chute, flying across the road, leaping down from the ceiling, and a buncha other quick shots...

Oh, and of course..."WHERE ARE YOU?!"....and, in barely above a wisper...."here"...

June 17th cannot come quickly enough.

Scott said...

Oh, and I just saw the trailer for Million Dollar Baby. It looks pretty good, but I'll be going more off reports than off the trailer itself. Take that as you will.