Friday, December 24, 2004

Merry Christmas.....Eve

Hey all,

A big Merry Christmas to all of you. Life would blow without you.

Wow...that was irreverant. Seriously, you all rock my world day after day, and I don't know how I'd get by without you. Yep...it's Christmas...it's okay to be cheesy.

For those who are interested/have time, a bunch of us (well, okay, just me, Rachel, Doug, Spencer, and Beth Fagan as of now) are going to The Cathedral (which is somewhere downtown) for their Midnight Mass. If you would like to come along...hey, fantastic! Just get there early. And dress up. It's Christmas, why not.

If not, a big Merry Christmas to all and I look forward to seeing you guys in a few days.

Oh, and hey...be sure to post all the cool stuff you got. Because...behind all the trees and the decorations, the eggnog and the ham, the family gatherings and the church services...it is pretty cool to get a buncha new stuff.

"I wish you a hopeful christmas
I wish you a brave new year
All anguish pain and sadness
Leave your heart and let your road be clear"
-Emerson, Lake, & Palmer ("I Believe in Father Christmas")

"And so this is Christmas
I hope you have fun
The near and the dear one
The old and the young"
-John Lennon ("Happy Christmas")

Oh, and I don't mean to be...flippant, I suppose. If you don't celebrate Christmas, Happy Holidays! Or at the very least, I hope you're having an awesome break. Despite college apps lingering over my head, I know I am.

6 comments:

Cynda said...

"It's about doing stuff and...not doing stuff and...having fun!!" Scott you rock it is truly amazing!! Merry Christmas!

John and Karolyn said...

Does this mean you fellas won't be going to JHS, scotty?

I'm unsure as of my mass-ish plans, but whatever I do, I'll be going with my family (my mom's decision that she owns me for all of the 24th and 25th).
But I couldn't dress up. My father and I literally have no remaining dress clothes...they're all at the dry cleaners in the aftermath of his court case andme stealing three sets for dress up days. Or something like that.

(On a slightly related note, anyone know of a good church the whole family can go to for midnight mass? Even if the mass is earlier than midnight, it'll work...)
-JB

Ben said...

You kids take care. There be homeless folk downtown at those hours. Also, that's Skylar's parish, so there's a good chance you'll have to restrain Rachel. especially if his Christmas sweater brings out his eyes. ;-)

On a less offensive note: Is there still a 10 P.M. Christmas Eve Mass at Jesuit or am I lying to my parents?

Ben said...

Nevermind, John answered my question on hibiscus.

Ben said...

I don't know if you'll get this in time John, because Blogger is having trouble with comments, but St. Iggy's has a good midnight Mass.

Scott said...

Hey guys...time to show off...

Okay, I totally got an X-Box. Until a month or so ago, I didn't even want one. And now...mine baby. Got Spider-Man 2 (the game) with it, and have been playing it for like two hours. Took a break so my brother can play football...at least, I think that's what he's doing.

All X-Box owners...lemme know what I should get. Tomorrow's shopping day.

I got some movies too...Spider-Man 2 and the Star Wars Trilogy mainly, as well as the Batman: The Animated Series Volume 1 (first 28 episodes...Ben knows where it's at).

And, y'know, some other cool stuff.

Post away...don't be shy.