Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Reasons that I am a Geek

Or probably more specificly, a nerd. So now that football has ended, I have turned my focus to the finer things in life. No, not women, no woman would want me. But chess. Yep, I am such a loser. Sitting in Lincoln's cafeteria, playing against a girl who is absolutely horrible at chess. (Women shouldn't be allowed to play chess, they have not the intellectual capacity to partake in such an endevour.) So, anyway, chess is cool, play it. Especially John, because we need him. So yeah, I promised Ben I'd post, but I'm not feeling particuarly creative today, so I'll just resort to self-pity and sexism. I know that as soon as I post this, I'll think of something cute and witty to say, but no, I'm tired.

10 comments:

Ben said...

At least you don't smell like 95% of the guys in there. Or at least you don't when you enter. I swear, its like the B.O. monster in Seinfeld.

Misha said...

What the fuck is with all of the sexist comments going around? I don't like them. No I don't. Doug, you really want a ride to school in the mornings? Take it back, jerk ass. Even if it is only in jest. Not Funny.
I mean, I expect it from Pat, and maybe from Ben (but that's because he never knows when he is sticking his foot in his mouth), but not from you.

Doug said...

Most of it was just to get a reaction out of you guys. But it also emphasized a few stereotypes. There are a total of like 6 girls at the whole thing, and the ones that Tim and I played didn't even know how to setup the board. It was pretty sad.

Cynda said...

Doug, I'd shut up if I were you; I seem to remeber a time I beat YOU at chess!!! That's right I AM a girl and I beat you soo by your logic You suck as well, but we all know you don't so that means that obviously I don't suck either!!! Ha not so smug now are we?!?!!?

Ben said...

Yeah, my mom used to call me, Indian-style, Foot-in-Mouth. Good pickup Mish. But I don't know where you're getting the idea that Doug is not sexist. That's like saying Cory is not fundamentalist.

Adrianna said...

Assbutt.

Dave said...

isn't Misha cute when she flips out? she can no doubt beat me at chess too...
did Cynda really beat you at chess? Not that I'm surprised, other than because I didn't think she ever plays... shows what I know

Katie said...

To prove Doug's point (just trying to help you out a little):
I am absolutely, completely terrible at chess. I am not interested in improving, and get distracted from the game easily. My mind does not think that way. So I am not offended by Doug's comments.

There. Now you have proof that not the ENTIRE gender is COMPLETELY against you!!

Pat said...

It doesn't suprise me that Katie is bad at chess. Also, it is pretty much true that all women suck at chess and just about anything intellectual so I don't see what the big deal is. Stay strong, Doug.

Cynda said...

Awww, Pat I love you!!!