Sunday, December 05, 2004

Winter "Casual"

So, how bout that dance? I pulled into the parking lot at about 8:10 and realized it was more or less empty. By more or less empty, I mean emptier than sader was last year. It was at this point that I first questioned the whether I had made the right choice by coming. On the way in, a woman grabbed us and had us pose with our cans, which was cool and weird at the same time...I tried to turn mine so the label was facing out like in an ad. We'll see if that one turns out or not. When I walked into the knight center, Mr. Rombach grabbed me for a breathalyzer test. I was seriusly estatic. I mean, really, I've never *been* breathalyzered before. How did one work? Rombach jokingly said I'd probably been drunk since the game the previous night...not a bad thought, as I imagine quite a few players were. Sadly (or luckily?) I came out 0.00...meaning no alchohol in my steak. Most disapointing.
The dance floor was emptier than the parking lot. After a bit of goofing around, we ended up in a big circle while some kids did break dancing moves in the center. This quickly got tiring, though, and we filled it in (a decent number of people arrived late, allowing us to fill it in.) Shortly after this, dave and mishka were told they were "dancing too close" or something like that...which was rather ironic, as later in the dance I observed a few people who were doing a passable immitation of having sex in the middle of the dance floor. Awkward indeed.
Twice during the dance, the music cut out. The first time it took a good 5-10 minutes to fix (that's how long it felt, anyways) and we entertained outselves with acapella renditions of Come Sail Away (finally getting it "played" at a dance ;D), Build Me Up Butter Cup, and Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog. This was the second, and last, time I questioned the wiseness of the dance. Afterall, if the music hadn't come back on, coming to the dance would have been a waste of time. Luckily, the evening was saved. By the end, I was sore as hell but had had a good time. Not as good as prom, maybe not quite as good as HC, but a good time nevertheless.

-JB

6 comments:

Scott said...

I'd have to say it was better than this year's HC, speaking objectively. First, the accapella part of the dance was more fun than nearly all the songs they played. And, hey...c'mon now...they played the Grease Megamix and Total Eclipse of the Heart (though I wanted the slow version of that...so I could interpretive dance amongst the massive slow-dancers). They did not, however, play Zoot Suit Riot (although the swing version of "Jingle Bells" was neat) or Shook Me (which shocked me).

Oh, and the dance-off to Cotton Eye Joe was probably the most intense...ever.

And somehow, some way, I Love Rock N' Roll gets me going everytime. Maybe because after so much rap and hip hop, I have to have an outlet to proclaim the greatness of Rock.

Dave said...

Well, it would have blown worse than Garden State if I hadn't had the most beautiful date there. But that being the case, I had a good time. It was funny when a bunch of kids (including one fairy... godfather) told us to be safe as we were leaving. So Misha felt obliged to yell, "WE'RE NOT HAVING SEX!" repeatedly while I mumbled, "yeah, rub it in... ouch!" - the ouch being her reaching over and with the gentleness, tenderness, and loving affectionateness of a rottweiler and jabbing her elbow into my ribs at which point I'd say "I'm kidding!... sorta... OUCH!"
Yeah, so dinner was fun and the acapellas were... yeah, ok, a lot of fun as well. Did I mention my date is the most amazing girl in the world? Well, you all knew that...

Cynda said...

Yeah go Andrew for looking out for my fiar godmother!!! Oh and Dave I guess it's ok this time just cause technically I wasn't there but had I been we all know Misha wouldn't have been the most beautiful girl there although she would have been a very close second!!! ;)

John and Karolyn said...

What are you guys talking about? How many of you can say that you got your date so wet that they drenched their clothes? Yeah, that's what I thought, ho.

Misha said...

"Rule number one: NO SEX. Rule number two: If you do have sex, use protection. Rule number three: YOU! Be careful with her! She's a fairy godmother!"
--Andrew Randels
How cute.
Dave, you are adorable.
Over all, I'll say that I had fun. Dinner was great (props to Scott's Mommy and Daddy), for which we only ALMOST got lost on the way to. My date brought me roses (by the way Dave, Heather approves of you...Ha, "Hi, I'm the rapist...I brought flowers!) The dance was drastically under populated, leaving me feeling exposed. The soap machine was out of control. Pretty, but gross. The absence of music rocked...especially when they appeased us with glow sticks. Way to sing guys! The only part I had trouble with was waking up the next morning. I slept through mass. And now I have a bunch of homework to accomplish...so everyone knows that I am going to procrastinate. Good times. K, Night all!
Misha

Katie said...

What Scott was about to add was that he was actually glad that they didn't play Shook Me, because it just wouldn't have been the same without Katie Bieze.
And it wouldn't have...so, yeah.

Just, you know, so everybody knows.

Yeah, I got nothing.

I didn't go.

I didn't really want to go, but still.

I was in Federal Way, Washington. Sucky town with a randomly gorgeous pool.

So, yeah, I had a great weekend.

I missed the football game, the dance, even Pat bitching about my superiority...at least I got my dollar.