Monday, December 13, 2004

WOW

New and Improved post.

Sorry for not posting anything in a long time, but i have been doing so much stuff.
Encounter
Homework
Encounter
Food Drive
Encounter
2 Papers due this week. Wait i have to do half a paper for stats.

Yep, the Encounter went very well and was lots of fun. The small group leaders were the best, and they made it all happen. If someone says that i was a great rector, well thats their opionion, but i didnt do all that much. Jessica did alot more of the dirty work than i did.
I think i cried hmmmmmm... not on thursday, about 2 times friday, about 2 on saturday, and i teared up on sunday when i returned. But the time when i cried most was when i was talking to my mother at home when we were alone. We talked about the best recipes for cookies, and which were the best cookies i ate. After that i gave her a hug and thanked her for raising me to be kind and loving. She started to to cry and thanked me for being her son. I started to ball right along with her. It was the best connversation i have had with my mom ever.

P.S. I am a huge mama's boy and it will be very hard to leave next year. For the both of us.
P.P.S. Although she did not go right out and say it she confirmed my idea that i am her favorite child. By far.

3 comments:

Shakeer said...

I would just like to say that I too am quite a mama's boy and will have a tough time parting with my mother next year.

Misha said...

awwww...patrick, i love you.
I am some what of a mama's girl. But also, a big traditionalist. Meaning that I keep thinking "wow, this is the last time i may do this." and I don't like that. So yeah, leaving will be tough.

I didn't cry at the encounter, which is odd. I wanted to. I think I needed a good cry. The encounter did go well. I would like to thank you patrick for being an awesome rector. Truely, without you, this wouldn't have been possible. Thanks for one of the best weekends of my life!

Misha

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Pat, I've missed you. But I'm glad you were busy lighting up others' lives. And that's sweet about your mom too... (please, please tell me you meant *bawl*...)