Thursday, January 13, 2005

College apps... its not over yet

Why is it, just when you thought life was getting easier, you figure out you are incredibly screwed? I was sitting on my bed doing my math homework at about 9:15 and I dropped my eraser on the floor. When I went to pick it up, I found a packet on the floor that said I had to be done with a Gonzaga scholarship by this SATURDAY. I had thought the line was next Monday, figured I could do it before finals. So here I am at 10:08 doing my scholarship app, or at least I should be but I’m posting this, that could be the difference of going to Gonzaga or OSU. In addition, any and all motivation to do any work is failing rapidly this week. Once next Thursday comes I will have as much motivation as Jesuit has appreciation for the school band.

As a side note, I came home today and was greeted at my door by no less then 12 boys all approximately 8 in age with voices that could have been singing soprano. Between the loud crashes as they ran through the house each other with nerf darts and the high pitched screams I thought I was going insane (Ken, I know your going to say something but just be quiet). The obvious solution? Ban kids from getting together with each other while older siblings are home, or send them all outside till they go home and never come back.

Post script
This post may be meaningless but at least it has nothing to do with teachers mooning over pat.

5 comments:

Miguel said...

What scholarship is that? The scholarship I'm doing for GU isn't due till the application is...which is the 1st of Feb...

Jeff said...

Its the Ignatian Leaders Scholarship. You had to send in for it a while ago, they sent people letters saying 'you have ben invited to apply for' blah blah blah...
If you win its a good 16 thou total, 4k a year. which makes my total to 12k a year, which is about what i need. plus a bit of financial aid and i'm good.

Ben said...

Your mother moons over Pat.

Doug said...

Ben, you are a comic God!

Ben said...

I'm even funnier in person.