Saturday, January 01, 2005

Films to look for in 2005

As I continue to spend all my free time writing random movie articles, here's this. And yeah, I haven't done any reviews in awhile. Suffice to say, "The Aviator" is the only thing that is challenging "Finding Neverland" for best picture, and "The Life Aquatic" is nowhere near Wes Anderson's best work but is one of the most entertaining movies of the year. I'll do a Top 10 (or maybe Top 15) in January, after I see "Million Dollar Baby" and "The Sea Inside."

So for now...look to the future.

Happy New Year to all. I forgot to mention this in the reply to John's post, but the people downtown after midnight are frickin' insane. At least, for Portland.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Great list Scott. Didn't see it at first, but then got it. Just want to say I really appreciate what you do. Realized it at Aviator. Came away feeling nothing about it, good or bad. No way I could do reviews. Unless a movie blows me away or is abhorrent, I don't have much of an opinion. So thanks, look forward to a whole year of previews and reviews.