Monday, January 03, 2005

An Overwhelming Lack of Concern

What a weird day.

For some reason being gone from school for the past couple weeks made it seem like the first day of school all over again; I mean it was only 2 weeks, but man it was strange coming back. Plus everyone had gotten hair cuts OR had let their hair grow exceedingly long (Scott...) OR had dyed their hair (heh, lucky me, I never dyed my hair blonde-brown during the blonde-brown craze and so now I don't have to dye it back to brown during the brown craze...congrats to all the other girls who followed the similar path of resistance). And to top it all off everyone was wearing their new threads (hip 70's lingo) which was good because I now know to never wear a certain sweatshirt to school because I saw a total of 3 girls wearing it today.

But onto the OVERWELMING LACK OF CONCERN...I returned to school today blissfully unaware that a) I had completley forgotten to turn in a biology lab on the last day of school...I had completed the lab, just decided not to turn it in...good call. b) My group paper on Pre-Marital Sex got a C+...but I shouldn't really be surprised there. c) I have forgotten what Statistics ARE. All in all it should have been a very disappointing day, but I surprised my self by not caring in the least. If I don't like the way Thomas Arp wrote our freaking English textbook, I'm not going to read it. If I would rather discuss the onset of Martha Stewarts in our senior class during History, we might as well do it and not waste the ink and paper by writing notes to each other. Yes, I forsee a great semester filled with general slacking...please join in, although I'm sure most of you already have.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Sorry, that was me, Rachel...I always forget to type my name at the end. Hey Ben, do you think I've earned a solo name on the contributors list?? huh? huh??

Pat said...

Yeah, I've pretty much been slacking off all year. I just don't care what happens.

Cory said...

Ben,
Would it be too much trouble to add me on somebody's profile? Or perhaps somebody could just tell me their password. Or if I knew that RandomAmigos password...
I promise to be on my best behavior if you restore me as a contributor.

Adrianna said...

I stopped caring in, oh, September? Yeah and I didn't wear any new crap to school today because it's all in the wash. That and I really couldn't give less of a shit. Okay, I could, but I'd have to try and that would be no fun now then would it?

Oh and I probably bombed another Calc quiz. What else is new?

Cory said...

Wow I beat Adrianna by 9 seconds.

I went through a phase sophomore year where I slacked off a bit and it brought my GPA .3 points in a few subjects, but I haven't fallen off the wagon since then.

:-)LiveStrong:-)
(So cliché, isn't it Ben? :-P)

Shakeer said...

Yeah all I did today at home was nap and watch Spiderman 2 and listen to music. It's pretty much still winter break. I guess I should do some homework now real quick.

Oh and Rachel are you talking about that Montana sweatshirt? Because I saw several people wearing that. Also, pea coats.

Scott said...

First, I should say this about my hair...I am contractually obligated to not cut it (due to the One-Acts). Believe me, as soon as they're over, I am getting a massive haircut.

Oh, and I can't remember the last time I really truly cared about schoolwork. I think I did some history assignment...no, it was a test! Yeah!

Misha said...

Yeah, all of those crazy people who got a haircut...

I was wondering, is it possible to get ADD at this stage of life? Because that would suck. I've been trying to do my homework for the last 4 hours, and all I've accomplished is having a mini salsa dance party in my computer room and getting the damn fan in my computer to be silent. Anything to keep me from my work.

And yes, I whole heartedly agree with the slacking idea. I will do my part to not push myself. I wonder, that if because we are on the same profile, that Rachel can read my thoughts. Because this post spoke most of my mind...do I really care about school right now other than the social aspect? No, not really.

Katie said...

F*** THE MARTHAS.

and Chang's.