Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The Pun

OK, I apologize to those of you who have heard this already, some of you twice, but if I don't post this by midnight tonight, I lose exclusive blogging rights and Shakeer will snatch this beautiful pun from its rightful place on the world wide web. [He has some entitlement, seeing as though it written after his inspiration.] Anyway, as read to my math and english classes, the five-level pun:

So around 1920, a phamous physicist was visiting South Africa, and during his presentation on the structure of the atom, he suddenly got on his hands and knees, and, speaking in Dutch, he began to describe and act out, in excruciating detail, the mating practices of the African wild pig. Initially amused, the audience soon fell into a stupor, at which time the physicist's wife walked on stage, grabbed him by the ear, and said "Niels, stop being such a Bohr/Boer/boar/bore/boor!"

There you have it. Cantos is hounding me for a transcript and the Crusader is knocking my door down, but my agent says to sit on it until they crack and actually offer me something for it. I will of course go splitsies with Shakeer.

4 comments:

Ken said...

It's beautiful... if a liiiiittle contrived. Can I license this for pickup-line use?

Shakeer said...

Dude, I'm not feeling the "Bohr/Boer/boar/bore/boor". Just say bore and tone down the stuff about it being a stupor so it doesn't seem as contrived.

Ben said...

Ken- As long as the first person you use it on is Tuesday's sister.

Shakeer- I know what you mean, I'm not 100% satisfied with it. I don't necessarily need the speaking Dutch part in there either.

But I thought we agreed, it is a five-level pun, but that only makes it a quadruple because of the nature of puns.

Let's face it, when you succeed in making a five-level pun, you're either a pun savant, or it's gonna be a little contrived. And I may be an idiot, but I'm no savant.

Ken said...

Dammit Ben, if I was Tuesday I would tell you.