Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The Road, A 1980 Volvo, and one messed up tailpipe

So I was driving to school this morning and I was exiting the Ross Island Bridge onto Beartha Blvd. when I heard this rattling under my 1980 Volvo. For the past two days I have heard strange noises from the rear of the car and the other day I checked to see what the hell it was, with no sign of foul play or damage anywhere I rearanged the things in my trunk and called it good the rattling stoped. But this morning I hear a huge rattling, you know the noise of mettle hitting mettle hitting concrete at 40 mph, that sound. So I look in my rearview mirror just in time to catch my tailpipe fly off. As fate would have it a late 90's toyota was following and served to miss it, unfortiatly the swerve was in vain and th frount bumper it it and the tailpipe proceeded to exit from beneath the toyota.

Cont. at 2:45 today do not worry I will finish the story but break has ended.

8 comments:

Pat said...

I can hardly wait for the rest of the story.

Ken said...

That mettle on mettle action'll get you every time.

Misha said...

met•tle (m t l) n.
1. Courage and fortitude; spirit: troops who showed their mettle in combat.
2. Inherent quality of character and temperament.

med•al (m d l) n.
1. A flat piece of metal stamped with a design or an inscription commemorating an event or a person, often given as an award.

med•dle (m d l) intr.v.
1. To intrude into other people's affairs or business; interfere. See Synonyms at interfere.
2. To handle something idly or ignorantly; tamper.

It’s understandable how someone could mistake that. I think that the one you want is this:

met•al (m t l) n.
1. Abbr. M Any of a category of electropositive elements that usually have a shiny surface, are generally good conductors of heat and electricity, and can be melted or fused, hammered into thin sheets, or drawn into wires. Typical metals form salts with nonmetals, basic oxides with oxygen, and alloys with one another.
4. Basic character; mettle.
5. Broken stones used for road surfaces or railroad beds.
6. Molten glass, especially when used in glassmaking.
7. Molten cast iron.
8. Printing. Type made of metal.
9. Music. Heavy metal.

Just to clarify. Ken, don't be an ass.

And I actually do want to hear the rest of the story! Tell on.

Ken said...

It's okay for Alex to get them confused, but not me?

Anyway, I was just disappointed because, unfortiatly, Alex didn't follow through and post at 2:45. This is killer material. Did anyone die? Explode? Press charges?

Misha said...

Who said you can't get them confused Ken? Get confused as you please. Nobody said that you have to be perfect!

Nancy said...

oh man that sucks. I hope you don't get sued.

Dave said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cynda said...

Wait, you meant to tell me Ken ISN'T perfect?!!?
OMG I'm shocked, my world is shattering around me!!
Oh and for the record I didn't even know you spelled it wrong Alex, but then according to some I'm stupid so....