Sunday, March 06, 2005

I Am

here to respond to Doug's call for distraction. If the young man, with the entire Internet to amuse him, cannot find sufficient means of procrastination, I feel the duty to respond. So y'all can count on me to blog the shit out of tonight, going so far as to tempt that rock of fidelity, John, to boot me.

My first topic for ponderation is on the cover of this Sunday's Artsweek. Its about Portlands's Gay Men's Chorus. It's been around for 25 years. Congratulations. Can I join? No, I'm not gay. But they wouldn't want to discriminate, would they? I bet those fellas have some pretty sweet robes. Where do I sign up? In all seriousness I have the utmost respect for those guys. They've endured a lot and come out on top. My hat's off to them. [Did you know that in Britain, a nickname for a condom is a hat?]

Anyway, that's just a taste of the pointlessness that will fill tonight, if I can keep my eyes open.

5 comments:

Ken said...

I got their CD from the library the other day. It's, uh, weird. You reminded me of a joke, but I'll phrase it British style. Why did the hat fly across the room? Because it got pissed off! I dare you to work that into your paper.

Doug said...

You know in Australia the nickname for erasers is rubbers? Just incase you are ever down under with a hot chick, you don't want to look like an idiot. Either that, or you can proclaim that your hobby is "collecting rubbers" and see what weird looks you get.

Ken said...

Uh, you'd get weird looks if you were collecting condoms, too, Doug. Or maybe I just don't know enough Aussie culture.

Shakeer said...

Hah Ken, I saw that in your car Friday but didn't want to ask.

And Ben, good luck. I don't think I'll be blogging tonight.

Nancy said...

oh about rubbers, I met this girl from singapore at Stanford, and one time she was like, can you please pass me that rubber? and we all gave her strange looks. She didn't know about rubbers meaning condoms.

That's the end of my story.