Sunday, March 06, 2005

Just like in Sandlot, the World's Greatest Movie

Cool, there are at least three of us hard at work. Wait, I've just received word that it's only me and Puett. Ken is down, I repeat, Ken is down.

So anyway, back to me being the uber-blogger, Xan-rival. Remember when I thought it would be cool to just walk around Portland? And set the target date for Valentine's Dayish. Well, that didn't come about. Portland's too big anyway. I have a better idea. A bike ride. That's right, our own little Critical Mass. And I've even got the date figured. Second Saturday of Spring Break (open to change, but it has to on the weekends cuz I am set to babysit, for eight hours a day, two kids way the hell out in Milwaukie on the weekdays) Here's what I will do even if no one joins me. Get my start at the Lone Fir cemetary (the kid in the New Slang video visits here, its right across the street from Central Catholic.) Then just ride wherever the hell I feel like. I'm thinking going downtown via Belmont/Hawthorne and coming back uptown on Burnside/Sandy. I'd need to get an early start because my brain is exploding with possibilities. If you feel the bike riding jones stirring within you, tell me as such. But there is one rule. Helmets, children. Your minds are far too precious. Man I wish I was Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez.

2 comments:

Doug said...

Sounds like fun. Don't know if I'd be able to do it, but still. My paper is done enough for me (at least until tomorrow at break) so I'm headin' off to bed. Ben, you'll always be my Benjamin Rodriguez. (I don't know what that was supposed to mean, I'm pretty tired. Sucking on tea bags didn't seem to deliver as much caffiene as I'd hope)

Shakeer said...

Ben I'm at 3 pages and will still be up.

And I'm up for biking.