Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The reason I refuse to go to U of O

This post is only meaningful to those in my advanced topics class.
I hereby refuse to go to the University of Oregon. I now know for sure that it is beneath me, and I will in no way subject myself to this humiliation. So, now that I've ruled out U of O, mime school, and since i didn't send the css/profile to Washington University, my fate now rests in the hands of the admissions officers of Ivy league Institutions. Well, all I can do is hope. Oh well, Boston College wouldn't be that bad. Assuming I can pay. I can't pay.

8 comments:

Dave said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dave said...

when you're being condescending you could at least bother to type the extra two letters of 'know'...

Ben said...

It is only beneath you because you forgot to get the scholarship stuff in. Apply to Purdue. I'll probably go there, Machuca might, the app is rolling and just passed the preferred deadline, it's public and thus cheaper, they have some merit scholarships, and it's close to John so we can kidnap him and take him ice fishing with us in Canada with our Eskimo friends.

Ben said...

Haha, Dave. We're on the blog at the same time. And you're funnier than I am. Post more.

Doug said...

Ben, did you see the link?
That is the reason, it has very little to do with the fact that I was too lazy to turn in the scholarship app. And I'm too lazy to apply to Purdue.

Ken said...

Doug, do you think you might come off as a little arrogant and elitist sometimes?

Cynda said...

Now I realize that I am not in your advanced topics class but, is the reason you won't go because that math problem is beneath you and far to easy?
Even at top colleges you realize that there will be plenty of people who won't be able to figure that problem out either right?

hmm...good thing I have no idea what it means...

Oh and Ken, now come on are you really one to be commenting on one's arrogance and elitism?

Ken said...

Yes.