Tuesday, March 01, 2005

US Supreme Courts Abolish Death Penulty!

I woke up this morning to the sounds of the radio host saying that the Supreme Courts had just Abolished the Death Penulty for minors under the age of 18. At the time I was still half asleap and was not sure weather I was dreaming or not. I figured that it might have been a dream cause ths topic has been controling a major part of my life right now. So I come to school and Email Jeff and Elane saying:

"I woke up to the radio station saying that the Supreme Court just abolished the death penulty for minors under the age of 18 in all states, I can't find conformation anywhere. Am I going crazy?"

and they both reply imediatly and say:

"Nope, you are not crazy! We will share the info we have at rehearsal tonight! It’s all over the radio/tv."

and

"Nope, it happened. Of course, you still may be going crazy."

4 comments:

Ken said...

Wow, the Death Penulty has been Abolished for those minors who happen to be under the age of 18! Man, these things happen weather or not you're asleap. Glad you got conformation imediatly (wouldn't want it controling your thoughts).

But be careful with your titles, man. If I can still be lethally injected, the death penalty has not been abolished. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Supreme Court decide in 1988 that 16 was the minimum age for executions? So we tacked on a couple years to the 38% of states that didn't already have a minimum age of 18 in their state constitutions. Just doesn't seem like a big deal.

Milamber said...

I partly agree with Ken that it's only a small change. But at least it's something! It's better than no change at all I suppose.

Xan said...

great now there is another curious person, Milamber?

Seriously, whoever is doing this, its getting old.

Xan said...

Is it just me or is it just me? As in posting, I seem to be the only one posting nowadays, curious?