Monday, October 10, 2005

The Chariot Race

The guy on the same two-by-four as me is on my roommate, the two in front are roommates from down the hall, and the guy standing in the beer can was our charioteer. We built that behemoth in the dark. It made me miss tech theatre, mainly because most of the time I was doing bitch jobs but also because I knew we could have built it better. Saturday was the race. Unfortunately my RA wasn't smart enough to take any action shots. You might have seen our chariot and all it's beasts of burden bite it majorly, with me doing a full-front flip and hitting my head on a two-by-four. Or maybe the crazy alcoholic savant junior (not pictured, replaced one of the freshman in front, has a four point and drinks his way through every class and test and hadn't stopped drinking until six in the morning the day of the race) jet over after we fell and lay down in front of the other team's chariot to buy us time to regroup. Or our charioteer urge us to catch up, cigarette in mouth while the crowd went wild. Or us hanging our heads in shame as we failed once again to advance 4A to the second round. (we have never won even a prelim, we're kind of like the Keough lovable losers.)



Anyway, it was fo sho better than a lame pirate dance, seeing as though we also had a vomitoreum contest as well as a toga party. And I'm just counting down till I'm back in Ptown, though it won't be the same without having you guys to drive to.

5 comments:

Scott said...

TO-GA! TO-GA! TO-GA!

And our group coulda frickin' made an actual beer can that size. WITH beer in it.

Magda said...

What I would like to know is what exactly is a vomitoreum contest.

Ben said...

It is a pretty nasty series of eating contests. The girl who won the ketchup contest downed five bowls, regular-sized cereal bowls, of it. They were supposed to have a javelin throw too, but it got called off for some reason, much to my disappointment, and the actions of that drunk savant kid last year shut down mud wrestling indefinitely.

Magda said...

Five bowls of ketchup? That is so disgusting.

Pat said...

Damn drunk savant's.