Saturday, October 22, 2005

Dirk Hemley vs. Suicide Deer

A couple days ago, I was walking up to campus from downtown Ithaca (when I say "up," I mean put on a backpack in NW Portland and walk to Skyline... I got lost and couldn't find a bus stop). I got to the bridge that crosses the gorge between Collegetown and Central Campus, but I was tired, so I went down the little path to look at the waterfall, and was just standing there when a couple of policemen walked down the trail past me. I didn't really pay attention because I was watching the falls, but then I hear a big BAM! I look down, startled, and I see that one of the policemen had walked into the middle of the creek and fired his handgun into a deer, now lying in the stream turning it red. He waits for a second and shoots it again. I was pretty confused, but the guy next to me explained that the deer had been on the bridge, probably about a hundred feet above the stream, and gotten scared by a car and jumped off. It's hard to communicate what a huge jump that is. Anyway, the deer apparently was still alive and the policemen had to shoot it.

This place is pretty gangsta.

6 comments:

Doug said...

How do you get lost in Ithaca? YOu just go south and you'll end up finding a bus stop eventually.

Nancy said...

apparently Philadelphia has an overpopulation of deer and there is actually a certain time of the year when you can shoot deer using a bow and arrow. Beat that.

Misha said...

Ken, I tried to friend every McCambly in Facebook, but there weren't any. So I friended every McCambley instead. There were two...

Ken said...

Agh. Doug's right. I'm pretty stupid.

Haha Misha my facebook wall turned into a Colwell party... :D

X said...

sucide deer, huh? cool, sounds like i would have liked that deer.

Nancy, most of oregon is like that, except i dont think that we have an over population

im afraid to add all the coles to my facebook. im to scared to even search for all of them.

P.S. I see dead people...

P.P.S. what is with the blogger word verifivation thingy? its haveing me type in thisisasubliminalmessagebushisabetterpresidentthenlincolnevercouldhopetobe

Anonymous said...

Those subliminal messagers need some help with their grammar, unless someone revived Lincoln...