Sunday, October 30, 2005

Jesu-What? Life in Spokane(or Spo-Can't or Spokesville or Spo-Compton etc...)

I know, it took me a while to post. This is because I am lazy bastard.

Anyway, Gonzaga is pretty cool. The first upperclassman I spoke to on campus was Tim Rhoads, which was cool. Orientation was kind of disappointing other than that(nothing like ND's) but everything since then has been great. We've already had two retreats, although they weren't even close to comparing to Jesuit's. I also have possibly one of the hardest freshman schedules because I am majoring in computer engineering(considered one of the hardest majors at GU because it is basically two majors in one), have advanced classes in that major, and am most likely minoring in math. In other words, people are in and out of my room asking for help on homework. To give you a sense of how easy it is, the other day I was described as "a genius." It's that easy. Also, I've already had two roommates.

Today I stood in line for about 5 hours to get basketball tickets for Saturday. I'm pumped and they're playing LC State College. I can't wait for big games so that I can sleep outside the building in a tent. It's going to kick ass.

I'm also appearing on TV with several others from Campion. And...let's just say that we're dressed in very strange outfits(mine involves a revolver, an eyepatch, and several items of clothing that women would wear). On TV. Fortunately, it's limited to the Spokane area so the damage is minimal(no one can afford a TV in Spokane, just kidding. But seriously...).

On a final note, the link is to the baratsandbereta.com because Barats is my RA. It's tremendously funny stuff, I recommend watching it.

9 comments:

Magda said...

Could you please tape your TV debut? I would love to see you in women's clothing...

Doug said...

Come on, give Ian a little credit--he's been on tv before... Remember the Beaverton game? Plus hours of HS football highlights... at least some of those must have had Ian in them. Ian, we need pictures. I'll at least have pictures. BTW, my cross-dressing is this weekend, the 4th and 5th.

Cynda said...

I was reading Magda's comment to myslef out loud and it took me three times to pronounce debut right...just ya know fyi.

Oh and the genius thing, well almost my whole floor considered me a genius, but then you guys know the truth!! Ah how impressive math can look to some people....but all you need to do remember is I can't pronounce debut!!

OH AND IAN YOU BETTER MAkE SURE WE SEE EACH OTHER WHEN YOUR IN TOWN!!!

who am I kidding we all know that the second you step one foot in this city I'll be on your cell phone...I was going to say "telling you we need to hook up" but I have now thought better of it. although apparently not because I just wrote it.

Hi my name is Cynda and I am going crazy!! No scratch that not going, but already am crazy!!

Anyway I am seriously thinking about taking Ken's advice and not posting this because I see no merit in it whatsoever, but I have decided to do so anyway because now when everyone clicks the comment they will be like "oooh a long comment someone must have had something really goood and important to say" and I will be like "ha that's what you thought!!!"

Ok I'm going now I promise.

imac said...

Actually, this will be the third time I've been on TV. I was on that one show where I won a toy semi-truck.

Ken said...

Yeah, I've had two roommates too... but then they found out about each other, and I'm not allowed in their dorm anymore.

On a related note, yesterday my a cappella group did a performance outside for Halloween and they dressed the new guys up. My costume consisted of: a pair of fishnet stockings (over my "My Lucky Underwear" boxers); a pink Gap women's tank top (size: S); a pair of angel wings with accompanying glitter halo; and a massive fake beard. I think the pictures will be on facebook soon but I might have to remove the tags (thanks Katie, that advice was invaluable).

Doug said...

Fuck you ken! Cross dressing without me?! Dude, next time, tell me about your arch sings, I want to go to those.

Cynda said...

In all fairness doug you have cross dressed without Ken before. I refer you to your facebook pictures.

Doug said...

Uh... Cynda, thanks... Yeah, thanks for that. Entirely uneeded... If it wasn't for Rocky, and everyone I know seeing me cross-dress anyway, I'd have a problem with that.

Cynda said...

I wasn't the to do actually, but then you didn't complain so i didn't change it. Just so you know.