Saturday, October 08, 2005

Just to keep you posted.

I hope this doesn't fall into the category of unblog worthy but here goes.

So I decided you should all know this, but as I have found it hard to tell the few people who know over the phone I felt this just might be a better way to let you all know what's going on.

Last night I got into the airport at Portland and my mom told me that my dad was in the hospital. I of course wanted to see him.

I can tell you that over the last month and a half my dad has become someone I no longer recognize. He now weighs less than me and most likely less than most of you and he can no longer really do anything for himself.

He was sent to the hospital due to an infection in his stomach from having liquid repeatedly drained from his body over the last six months. As of tonight he is having liver failure, kidney failure, and his blood sugar and potassium levels are too high and will soon result in heart failure if they cannot be brought down. When I went to see him tonight he looked comatose. He couldn't talk and he kind of just starred at me an my mom.

Further more none of us can get in touch with Dylan to let him know whats going on so if you can or know how to please let me know. My mom already has too much to worry about with my dad and now she is worrying about my brother, so if you could help I would be very appreciative.


Finally, feel free to call, just don't expect me to be at all composed, as I said lack of composure is why I am writing this. I am supposed to go back to school on Tuesday, but that depends on how well my dad is doing and how well I do at convincing my mom to let me stay.

Anyway, you all are like family to me and I just wanted you all to know what was going on.