Saturday, October 29, 2005

The Outsiders Looking In

The Outsiders Looking In

Some breaking news in the Life of Devon (or what little there is of it) that I thought I'd keep you guys apprised of... I just found out that I'm going to be an uncle! My brother Jeff and his wife, Tam found out like a week or two ago. It's too early to determine gender or anything, but they said that they should know by Thanksgiving. I'm really excited... its also going to be interesting to see how my brother deals with a little kid, seeing as how he was fairly cranky about having kids around him when I was growing up. But yeh... thought I'd say that cause I'm really excited!

7 comments:

Magda said...

Awww... yay! Babies!

And wow, you'll have a nephew or a niece. That's so cool. Keep us posted.

(And I'm so very glad you posted something of actual importance.)

Scott said...

Awesome man. Being and uncle kicks ass. It's kinda like having a kid of your own, but whenever he/she starts going nuts you just hand 'em to the parent.

Shinekaze said...

Dude, thats exactly what I'm planning too... the brother of mine lives in Spokane, I feel sorry for the kid... he/she is going to grow up in a nice city that is totally devoid of things to do.

Doug said...

What are you talking about? Ian's in Spokane. Oh wait... Well, he could always make fun of Ian like we do

Misha said...

Congrats! Aw, I love when families grow. You're gonna have fun. Be a good uncle, and try not to screw the kid up too bad.
Similar news, I just got two new cousins! A little girl named Corabella Rose and a little boy who is yet to be named. Exciting!

Ken said...

It feels a little weird to congratulate you here because (I hope) you didn't have too much to do with the pregnancy. But that's awesome. Oh, and, if you end up being the godfather and you give the kid a present for his birthday every year--say like a wristwatch or something--then for the love of God don't eventually forget and never talk to him again because then he'll hate you forever and always resent you when his brothers and sisters get gifts from *their* godparents, who were considerate enough to actually remember that they exist, instead of getting all wrapped up in their own little lives and leaving them out to dry. Uh, I mean that's what I've heard. Or I read it somewhere. Right.

Scott said...

My sister forgot my brother's birthday one year, and he hasn't forgotten about it yet. I think my aunt once forgot mine, but I never noticed until I got like $30 months down the line. And hey, $30 for nothing.