Monday, October 03, 2005

Third Eye Blind, or Why I'm glad I kept my MP3 player and didn't sell out like the rest of you who got ipods, especially Ken

So yeah, Third Eye Blind kicked ass. well, I really have nothing to compare it to, but if I did... yeah, I have no idea. Matt Nathanson opened, for those of you who don't know who he is, he sung "Laid" on the American Wedding soundtrack. For those of you who still don't know who he is, he was okay. He had a monologue before each song, which were pretty funny. He started talking about penises and vaginas... and getting funk on... I don't know... Third Eye Blind played stuff on their upcoming album, so that was sweet, even if they weren't that good. Or maybe it was that noone had ever heard them before. I don't know. Anyway, I recorded the whole thing on my mp3 player, but unfortunatly the quality blows... hard. I was able to get "Laid" pretty good, but that's about it. Yeah, never before reviewing concerts, I have very little to say about it... There were lights, pot, and crowd surfing, but I guess that's all prety standard... Had a ton of fun, even if it wasn't the best concert ever. Either way, defintely looking forward to Slope Day, when we'll have a major band play. Last year was Snoop Dogg. Maybe I'll luck out.

PS: If anybody is terribly interested, I think I'm going to try out the whole personal blog thing for a while...

4 comments:

Ken said...

I was able to get "Laid" pretty good too, and I didn't even go to the concert!

(Okay that's not entirely true, but I had to say it.)

Rachel said...

I'm rather obsessed with 3EB, and am now rather jealous, dougey.

I even like them when they're bad.

Dave said...

wow, its a diehard fan who always loves their band

that was clever in my head... but seriously, i should be removed from blogging... haha

Scott said...

Doug, if you get a personal blog, link me. I'm still obsessed with those things.

And Rachel, I never noticed your little blog photo there was Indy. Nice.