Sunday, November 27, 2005

Babies! and The Gingerdead Man

Yesterday, on the flight from Chicago to Syracuse, I met the happiest baby I'd ever seen. (Her mom claims it's because she's an acupuncturist and knows where to prod her baby to keep her in shape. "See, I just work her stomach" [pokes baby in the thigh a couple times] "and she never, ever spits up!") Nancy, your people have weird medicine.

I also watched Traffic and 8 Mile, neither of which could live up to the movie I saw on Wednesday with Patrick and Cynda: a masterpiece starring the voice of Gary Busey as "The Gingerdead Man." In case you're my older sister and still can't read, that's "GingerDEAD." I'll give you a basic plot outline but since you're going to watch it soon I won't ruin the ending. Basically, a serial killer murders a bunch of bakers in a diner, leaving only the daughter alive. He's executed, but his psycho mother takes his ashes and delivers them to the bakery as Gingerbread Spices, which of course get baked into a gingerbread man. (Only one. And this works because one of the bakery helpers bleeds into the dough. Oops.) With the help of a nice big jolt of electricity, the cookie becomes a living, squealing, evil Gingerdead Man bent on finishing off everyone else in the bakery. Unfortunately, he's still only 12 inches tall.

Hilarity ensues.

It's probably the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life. It's probably the funniest thing Patrick's ever seen in HIS life, except Dumb & Dumber and Seinfeld. It's probably the weirdest thing Cynda's ever seen, except the time she got to see an inflatable sex toy wearing her clothes. I can't recommend this movie highly enough. It's probably the most fun Nancy and Ian ever--oh, wait, they didn't come.

Anyway, other Portland events: Mass at Jesuit, party in Spanish just like old times, Thanksgiving dinner with Dr. Gorman, watching Harry Potter, and Jesuit football crushing Barlow like so many beer cans in one of those big green rotating recycling machines at Safeway.

7 comments:

Cynda said...

I still can't believe you and Patty cakes wanted to rent THAT movie over Ice Princess!!! I mean COME ON!!!

It was no Ice Princess but it was entertaining nonetheless. Perhaps what was more entertaining was the fact that Mr. and Mrs. Colwell actually watched the movie with us!!

Nancy said...

Whoa, I thought Doug wrote this post until you mentioned Pat and Cynda. I was having dinner with family geez, and my people aren't weird.. okay acupuncture is a little weird, but besides that Asian people rock. You're just jealous of our intelligence and prosperity.

And yes I did just call you dumb and poor.

imac said...

Sorry. I was busy being angry and swearing profusely at a bunch of pixels on a wall.

Misha said...

weren't we all Ian, weren't we all...

imac said...

I forgot to mention the dog on dog action.

Ken said...

Wow Nancy. First you blew me off for Thanksgiving break, now this? I don't know if we're friends anymore.

(No, Dave, that's not what I meant by "blew me off".)

Anonymous said...

ian...what??