Saturday, November 12, 2005

Concert Review

Yesterday I went to see my first a-capella concert here at Cornell. I always knew that it was a big thing here, and I was finally going to see a concert! I was excited... little did I know, I would be sorely disappointed. Apparently it was put on by the Gay-Straight Alliance or something, I'm not sure, but it was a bit... y'know. They were okay, but there was this one really annoying new kid, obviously he was the gay part. He really sucked. You were able to pick out his voice really easily from the other ones, it just didn't harmonize well.... it was really bad. I think he was retarded, too. Since he is new to the group, they introduced him along with the other new guys. But he couldn't read or write, so they had do an interview instead of him just writing something down like prom court or something. I forget how it went exactly.... but he said that "College was fun.... The Waiters were fun.... His interests were... having fun, etc. Either the guy was the most boring guy ever, or was definitely handicapped in some way. " The mental handicap would explain why he has been "shaving his pubes and leaving them on the toilet" (anonymous tip) So I guess I really shouldn't make fun of him. He looked awfully familiar, too... Maybe one of you will be able to tell me who he reminds me off...


But anyway, I don't know why I paid $9 to see them. And they only did one decent song the whole time "Southern Cross" by Jimmy Buffet. I actually like theirs better than Buffet's... but other than that... Even "We Didn't Go To Harvard" was sub-par.

PS: I really should have left early, especially since my roommate called, telling me that he locked himself out of his room. But I knew better than to just leave in the middle of a performance, so I stuck it out. Besides, I had a friend performing, and I mean, how would you feel if a friend came to see you, but then left 10 minutes into the show? I mean, I wouldn't let him forget about it. EVER.

11 comments:

Ken said...

I think I can say with confidence that this is one of the worst posts this blog has ever seen.

Cynda said...

I think it's one of the best!!

Way to go doug!!

Ken said...

http://maritecoronado.blogspot.com/

Only guy I can think of who fits the requirements would be Doug, but the rest of you can apply if you want...

Doug said...

I don't get it... Are you calling me Asian?!

Ken said...

Honestly I just really wanted to post that list but didn't want to make a new post for it.

My word verification: "eXXXdjc"

Nancy said...

what's wrong with being Asian? We're going to take over the world one day.

Magda said...

What are you talking about? The Poles can take the Asians any day.

Cynda said...

Oh whatever Mudbloods are where it's at!

Misha said...

I don't know...have you seen how many kids Mexican families have? You guys better watch out.

imac said...

I meet the height requirement!

X said...

very nice post Doug, it rivals some of my own, jk, you have surpassed me and most others by far.

word verification: scwbb