Monday, November 28, 2005

The District Sleeps Alone Tonight

Thanksgiving was fun. The Pitmans are awesome. I forgot how much I love them. Claire has grown a ton. They are doing well. Spent a few hours in NYC before my bus to Baltimore came, so I just started walking around. Turns out that most of the Ivy league schools have clubs on 41st or 42nd st, around 5th avenue, where all the expensive stuff is. They are pretty much just upscale restraunts, so basically, expensive, and good clothes required, so I kinda just looked in and took pictures. Other than that... just kinda wandered. Had Thanksgiving meal with family friends of the Pitmans, but it wasn't bad. The dad is an Professor at the Naval Academy, which is cool. Went to DC on Saturday, saw Jen at Catholic, but sadly, Mike was still at Baltimore. Then monuments, which, considering that was my first time in DC, was interesting, even though it was late at night, and pretty much everything was closed. Anyway, it is definitely 5am, and I have a couple of essays to write before class at 10... hmm... Yeah, if the writing on this post is any way indicative of the way I'm writing in my essay, I'm screwed. Almost forgot... On my way back, in Baltimore waiting for the bus, I see it pull up, and let someone off, the driver closed the door, but I showed him my ticket, and he lets me on very quickly, telling me that he's going to NYC, but then tells everyone else around me that the bus is going to DC. Confused, he explained to me that by saying that he's going to DC, noone else will try to get onto the already full bus. So we passed 30 or so people, all with tickets to NYC, and somehow, I was insanely lucky enough to get aboard. The driver was defintely hispanic, and probably Puerto Rican, which would explain exactly what happened. The guy was a crappy driver, too, he barely stayed in the lane, and defintely pushed 80 on the Jersey Turnpike. Oh well, I'm here now.

9 comments:

Katie said...

Hey I was in DC Saturday night! One of my roommates and I went to go have dinner with Tim and Drew Freeman, it was awesome. So we were like, close to each other. Kinda.

Ben said...

Grr..Freeman...

post script
I'm really glad you survived that bus ride. I would never get in a vehicle driven by a Puerto Rican. Aside from not being big enough to see over the steering mechanism, they are all mentally handicapped as a result of the heavy inbreeding that occurs on that accursed island.

Katie said...

it's okay benji, i don't write to tim anymore like i used to in history, spanish, or calculus, so you're winning there.

imac said...

Had he really been Puerto Rican, he would have been pushing 100 in the wrong lane on the turnpike.

Misha said...

i love that song

Ken said...

Doug? Faux-emo post-electronica? I hope you have some lipstick and breath mints, cause you just blew my mind.

imac said...

Ken, that line will never work.

Shakeer said...

Ken, there's very little that is post about Postal Service's electronica and far less that is faux about it's emo.

Ken said...

Agree to disagree?