Thursday, February 09, 2006

He may be a dirtbag but he's my(and the other 600 people's, including the guy who continually plays reggae) dirtbag

I miss my bed.

Actually, I don't. But it has been two days since I slept in a bed and I am developing a greater appreciation for its non-rocklike characteristics. For those who don't already know, I am currently sleeping in a tent that we(The Campion Crew) set up on Mulligan Field. Why? For possibly the greatest thing to come to Gonzaga since a man named John Stockton(heard of him?) was a student here. The first ever ESPN College Basketball GameDay broadcast west of the Kansas. First EVER! So basically we set up a tent on Tuesday morning and have been living out of it since. And even though most people only show up periodically, I'm here all day, every day. So I've basically been living out of a tent the past three days, leaving only to go to class, eat, and shower. In other words, I've been in this tent for far more time than anyone else has. And I'm loving every second of it.

Also, the whole team came by yesterday and handed out coffee and hot chocolate. I ended up having a brief conversation with Jordan Mast, which was cool. It also produced my favorite quote from this experience.
Me: "So Mast and I were talking and Mamery Diallo(a 6-9 center) walks between us like we weren't even there."
Barry(my roommate): "That's because he couldn't even see you."

Finally, our tent is awesome. As they walked by, the players declared it the best tent on the field. So there. And Amy Dunn is my tent neighbor, so how could it be bad?

7 comments:

Ken said...

Yesterday on TV I flipped through a channel that said "GONZAGA: Best team in the west?"

Nancy said...

you are so cool Ian.

imac said...

No question, we're the best team in the west by far.

Pat said...

By far huh? That must mean you guys beat UW. Oh wait...

Katie said...

i didn't know other school's tented. that's pretty sweet.

Chuck said...

Pretty badass.

And remember Ian, don't dive into the tent when you're getting in.

imac said...

Are you referring to the Washington vs. Our bench game...