Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Here's the post that I was thinking of not posting after Ben's post.

In my hall there is a really terrible painting of a guitar/guitarist. Actually, I didn't think it was as terrible as my other hallmates were making it out to be, but then again, I didn't even know it was a painting of a person playing the guitar til recently. I just thought the squiggly lines behind it were for decoration. Anyway, Jon (the guy in the 5th picture) wanted to paint another mural to put that one to shame. We couldn't just paint over the old one because there's some sort of policy that requires it to be left alone for a certain number of years in case the person who painted it suddenly felt sentimental and wanted to come back to see it. Lame. So with the help of Barney chalk, 'Nsync plates and advice from various hallmates, we painted our mural next to it (the crappy mural is on the left side of the door). Jon might add "Fender" to the head of the guitar but it's about done. You have to see this mural in person, the pictures don't do it justice. And no, it's not of any particualr guitarist, it's just based off of a photo Jon found on the internet. I suggested that we paint a Harry Potter mural next.













And here's the mural we put to shame:

6 comments:

Cynda said...

YES!!! I KNEW that Barney chalk would come in handy!!

Katie said...

i want to paint on my walls

Scott said...

I think the world would be better in general if we could paint on more stuff.

Then again.

Misha said...

When I was wee, my daddy lived in a place I called the blanket house (because there were no doors, only large blankets...it was basically amazing) and the people who lived there let me paint the walls and the stairs. I agree with Scott.

Anyway, that was just a moment from my past. I thought I'd share.

Ken said...

Very cool.

Shakeer said...

Chalk guys, chalk.