Friday, March 03, 2006

Fiery Furnances

I'm not sure if any of you besides Nancy have heard of them, but they are a indie rock band. I'm sure Shakeer has, but other than that... Anyway, concert was tonight. I am far too tired to review them properly, but I figure I might as well give it a shot now instead of waiting longer and then not doing it ever. If there is anything this blog doesn't need, is another day without a post. Anyway, The first opening band sounded like any opening band. Guitar was too loud to hear the vocals, which were okay, the usual. The second opening band was better. I had actually didn't know that they were not the fiery furances until the girl I was with told me so. But she didn't know until most of the way through herself, so I don't feel that bad, but still. Anyway, I think that made me to enjoy them much more. Anyway, on to the fiery furnaces. They started off with a bunch of stuff off of their earlier cd's, which was cool, 'cause I knew the songs and could still here. They were much more mainstream in concert than they are on their cd's. They are a fairly typical rock band live. A lot of the weird, indieness comes from editing and really, weird lyrics, which you really can't always make out with really loud music. The guitars pretty much took the place of the random instruments and sounds that they usually have with their music, but the guitars were really good, so made up for sounding normal. I sounded like an pretensious indie asshole there, and I apologize. So overall, the concert was really great. There were also only like 200 people there, so it kinda felt like coffee house, which y'know, is sweet. Oh! There was this crazy hippie couple there, too. The guy was like 60 something, and they were just in their little world, dancing, spinning, totally lost in whatever it was that they smoked before the show. It was really funny. Oh, Ithaca, you and your crazy hippies.

PS: I just found out that Ben has heard of them, too. So... sweet...

5 comments:

Doug said...

Oh hey, it turns out people have been posting after all. My computer was just being lame and didn't show the last week's worth of posts... haha...

Ben said...

For future reference, if Nancy has heard of a band that means at least 3 million other Americans already have before her.

What? I tease. I mean, how many people have heard of Harry and the Potters? And they're just phenomenal.

Ken said...

Whaaat? Where was this!? :D

Doug said...

Appel

Shakeer said...

I have not heard of them.