Thursday, April 06, 2006

Ben Folds for Slope Day!

(Please ignore all but the title of that link; "Folds's music seems to sorely miss the backbone of his former trio"? "[Acceptance] ...is on the urge (??) of breaking"? Excellent writing. They should just publish our blog articles.)

I don't really have any great pictures on hand. In other news, Ben Folds, Talib Kweli, and Acceptance are headlining Slope Day this year... Should be pretty sweet. (Anyone heard of the latter two?) It's hard to express how excited I am. Also, the Waiters concert is next Friday, if anyone is going to be in Ithaca anyway you might as well come. I'll buy your ticket!

6 comments:

Doug said...

Yay, Slope day! Also, Ken, could you hold a couple of tickets for me? I'm not sure who wants to come with me or not, but I at least will go. And you still owe me a T-shirt.

Ben said...

Talib Kweli is a really good hip hop artist, really talented and focuses on social issues rather than bling, etc.

Shakeer said...

Talib Kweli pft, Columbia is hosting Ghostface this year.

Ben said...

Well, no one is saying Cornell is better than Columbia, Shakeer. And Notre Dame is hosting Pat Green, so there.

Nancy said...

ok so I'm not too sure what this Slope Day is, but Penn's hosting O.A.R. for Spring Fling, yeah that'll be a hit.

Katie said...

i LOVE talib kweli. download "get by." it's spectacular.

duke has guster and rahzel this year for last day of classes.