Thursday, April 13, 2006

Super Seder

And no, I did not misspell "Sader," and I am not referring to Kemp. Every year, Cornell hosts a Super Seder for passover. Basically, a thousand Jews, my roommate, and I go to the biggest buidling on campus and have the passover meal. There were a few dozen different tables, and all pretty much did their own thing. My table was pretty laid back, we ended up skipping about half of the things you are supposed to say. Apparently, this is cool, though, so whatever. The prayers were okay, nothing was really anything that was too different than what we are used to. The wine was awesome, and I ended the night a bit buzzed, so that was cool. The meal itself was kinda lame, everything being kosher and all, but meh, it was an experience. I did kinda feel like an asshole for thinking of things like, at the end of the meal, taking the bread, giving it to my friends, saying take this all of you, and eat it, this is my... yeah.... But, hey, I am an asshole. You all know this, and I do not deny it. Thought I would have a bit more to say, but I really don't. Shalom.

7 comments:

Ben said...

I don't know what you're talking about, bitter herbs are the chiznit.

John and Karolyn said...

I would be pretty pissed if some guy came up to me and said "take this all of you, and eat it, this is my...yeah..." Haha, mind in the gutter

I need sleep....

-Karolyn

Cory said...

you know, my grade school did the passover meal every year, and i don't remember anything about wine. we got screwed.

Ben said...

We used grape Kool-Aid. I'm pretty sure the Kool-Aid Man could take Moses.

Misha said...

That's our Karolyn.

Nancy said...

Man? That thing's a giant pitcher of artificial juice.

Ben said...

He has a strategically placed spigot.