Monday, May 01, 2006

Well I for one am now a Saint's fan

Mike Hass got drafted yesterday by the New Orleans Saints, who also drafted Reggie Bush. Rumor has it, Bush put a good word in for Hass to the Saints coaches, and convinced them to pick Hass up also. Hass was picked in the 6th round, but was supposed to be picked sooner. His lack of explosive speed is worrisome, and prohibited him from being ranked as high as he should.

In other news, I'm pretty sure I did not get the job to be an RA over the summer here at Cornell, so unfortuantely, I will probably not be coming home this summer. Unless things change, which is very possible, I'll pick up a sublet and find some part-time jobs around campus. Prospects include setting up chairs for reunion weekend and being a Facilitator at the challenge course which is a chill boot-camp-y thing with walls and towers and climbing and zip lining and stuff. It'll be fun. I know you all will miss me, and I will sure as hell miss all of you. There is still the possibility that I'll still be able to mooch off my rich friend's homes, but really don't see that as likely now. Anyway, what are y'all doing this summer? Kinda want to know, even if I won't be there.

10 comments:

Pat said...

I'm buying a Mike Hass jersey.

Ben said...

Or you could just wear the one he gave your mom and save the money.

Ben said...

Oh, and I'm working up at OHSU. Saving lives. Or mopping, they haven't really clarified.

Adrianna said...

Hopefully I will have a job at the Home Depot. Something minimum wage. Yee-haaah

Scott said...

I have a good shot at stockboy at Nordstrom. Yes...stockboy.

Nancy said...

I might be in Philly. We'll see.

Anonymous said...

you have rich friends bro? ill

Misha said...

Two or three jobs. I'm hoping for Home Depot (though the lack of a discount is upsetting) and McMinimums (Rob says I would fit in perfectly with my piercings, though I don't have that many, but he is just being facetious) and if any other little thing shows up, I'll probably jump on it. I've sure got the time. Other than that, just spending as much time with family as possible.

Cory said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cory said...

I will be a repairman/carpenter's apprentice. He's my uncle and I'll learn to fix up houses. In the evenings I'll be teaching lessons. Every other day I'll be running with a friend, because she asked me to run the Portland Marathon with her and she was way too pretty to say no to.