Monday, October 17, 2016

Ten Thousand Favorite Songs, v. 124



- what a weird time, we were so stupidly wealthy in melodic folk pop and we championed fucking AnCo, just for cachet or whatever.  I really need to stop visiting Pitchfork full on, but I like to check in every morning and utter my catchphrase WHAT SOPHISTRY IS THIS??????



--don't tell me

ps


I am sorry I have been zipped up in an emotional gimp suit for the last decade-plus, it is well past time to be open, So let us stop talkin' falsely now/The hours getting late



---from ol' Beaverton!  did not get enough love.


----should be one of those alt-radio hits that plays for years and keeps a bands' name alive


-----if you haven't read The Mysteries of Pittsburgh you need to.   is the musical bed of this song just auto-tuned bro vocals?  plus a YYYs-lite guitar riff and some tom-heavy, muted drumming?  I have no idea.  it works.

No comments: