Long time no internet postage.
I remember back after freshman year, Scott was talking about how the Gravy and Maggie's and Cynda's blogs were some of the first things he checked when he got on the internet. I can relate, because that's exactly what I continue to do. Pretty much every time I get online, I go through the same compulsive routine: Email check, Facebook check, Gravy check, Maggie check, Cynda check, Ben check, Doug check (no real reason to the order, that's just the way it first got set, I guess). Anyway, how's life, kids? I know that senior year is probably leaving everybody incredibly busy and focusing on making the most of the time they have left with the folks in their college lives.
I begin really missing Oregon this time of year. For the first bit of school, I'm a little disoriented, because I'm only there 1.4 days (max) before classes start, so it's kind of a shocking immersion into something I haven't experienced for 3 months. Then I'm desperately trying to get into the groove of school, and now as I've given up on getting into the school groove (oh, it always ends like this), I wind up being connected enough with myself to realize that my longing for the hilly Oregon expanse of conifers, memories of Jesuit community, family, culture, and nature never really goes away. Haha, dang. It took me for a loop last year when I wasn't sure I wanted to be home, because the faith life I experienced there seemed so lifeless, so NOT what I came to love at school, and so I felt pretty lousy at either place. But now, even looking toward maybe seeing another Oregon Fall in the not-too-distant future makes me feel excited to be both at school AND to come home. It's strange how realizing how you really feel if it's been bothering you for a while can all of a sudden change your reactions to everything.
Aaanyway, I probably ought to devote an hour (give or take 45 minutes, most likely take) to some studying and general homeworking. Sorry for the strange blogging that probably merits to be put on a personal blog or something more along those lines. And A, I don't want to obscure the deepness of your thought. But I just wanted to let you all know that you're missed, despite however lousy at communicating or picking up the phone or any of those things I may do when I have the opportunity to be reminded why high school was such a monumental 4-year period in my life (youse guys). I look forward to seeing you guys again sometime relatively soon.
2 comments:
thanks for missing me/checking mine before doug's.
i'm missing home like crazy too, seems like when i decided to stay here for fall break, the rest of me didn't agree and is protesting like the british guys in the house of commons.
so are you thinking about a specific grad school in the NW? i'm kinda thinking bout UW.
i miss you, too
Post a Comment