Thursday, January 14, 2010
Better Off Ted, etc.
yeah so obviously that didn't air, but i just wanted to say that you should check out the two seasons of Better Off Ted at some point. i should have said that a couple months ago, before ABC decided to kill it off, showing two episodes a night along with the rotting corpse of Scrubs. Its definitely the 'smart comedy' heir to Arrested Development, and Portia de Rossi is really fun to watch as the ruthless boss. they coulda easily put it on Wednesdays and saved it, but its becoming increasingly clear that TV executives even dumber than wall street execs. Yes, i'm looking at you NBC.
so anyway i really couldn't sleep the other night and consoled myself with the fact that there are 2(!) new 30 Rock's this week. then i figured i'd put the shows i looked forward to the most in order, to show where Better Off Ted fits. (and yeah, i think 60% of the reason for its failure is that meaningless title)
Top 10 (only 10) Shows That Get Me Through the Week:
1. 30 Rock
2. How I Met Your Mother
3. Community
4. Better Off Ted
5. The Daily Show
6. The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien. {Jay i hope you die of cancerous herpes}
7. The Office
8. Parks & Rec
9. Modern Family
10. Glee (I'm sorry. I'm really really sorry)
So yeah, this list one of the sadder things I've ever done. but waiting for a job/to head back down to berkeley, well its pretty boring.
I like Sunny in Philly a lot too, but we don't have cable and i have 4 seasons to catch up on so I think i'll wait until I'm trapped in a forest ranger tower. Also excited Eastbound & Down is getting a second season. looking forward to someday watching that with Pat, pretty drunk, while we wait for ken to fall asleep so we can draw on him.
i'd also like to catch up on Breaking Bad and Mad Men at some point. that is all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
go glee!!!
The Steel Bridge was pictured on How I Met Your Mother the other week.
Anyway, my top 10 would be:
1. 30 Rock
2. How I Met Your Mother
3. Breaking Bad
4. Friday Night Lights
5. 24
6. 24
7. 24
8. 24
9. 24
10. The Office
Okay, I may be overhyped for the 24 premiere just a little.
friday night lights and 24 are on the Fire Tower list too.
that anchorman character is awesome and i think he'll be back, but if they were gonna flash to beaverton they should shown off Jesuit. namely the trophy case
I would append Ugly Betty and Dollhouse
and yeah, WTF NBC!
Here's Jimmy Kimmel as Jay Leno.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/120260/jimmy-kimmel-live-chevy-chase-part-1
its funny, most of my favorite shows have been on NBC, and i just reflexively like it the most as a network. i think its cuz they have a real headquarters, it feels like a real place with continuity all the way back to the days of radio. its seems like it has the most identity, both historically and at present. but Jesus H. Christ
i just read this article that says these guys hated each other since Harvard days when Zucker had Conan arrested by the Cambridge police for a prank: http://www.theatlanticwire.com/opinions/view/opinion/Jeff-Zucker-vs-Conan-OBrien-A-Rivalry-30-Years-in-the-Making-2189
i fucking love glee
haters gonna hate
Post a Comment