Friday, March 25, 2011

Reunion: guys guys wait, what about Zion National Park???

I haven't looked at airfare or hotels but it might be cheap option too. We can stay in a motel outside of the park and take a free shuttle in. the park looks gorgeous..!

EDIT!!!
Ok I guess we should leave destination up to vote, also Cynda since you laid out dates first, what specifically can you do? when can or can't everyone go?

Alright here we go, a fucking calendar, fixing it so you guys can see blocked out dates.




22 comments:

magda. said...

Or... we could go camping!

I second this.

cynda said...

well...flights alone star at 400 and we'd probably need to rent a car as the closest airport is in st. george. Campsites are at most 20 dollars a night tho!

Unknown said...

It's interesting that a flight to utah is more expensive than a flight and hotel for three days in Las Vegas.

Adrianna said...

Hmmm... I'm up for whatever. This would be beautiful but it'd be tough to get out there.

magda. said...

Maybe I could turn it into a longer road trip and bring the minivan again... it seats seven...

Scott Nye said...

I'd still go Vegas over this because of the cost, but yeah, if we do go this route, camping is a must.

magda. said...

I vote Zion because I think a group camping trip would be hella fun and also have you seen the place? ...It's gorgeous!

I can probably go whenever, except for the end of June. July or later would be awesome.

If I drove the van down, I could bring camping stuff and Costco food and also maybe save us on a rental car. Yeah?

Unknown said...

what about camping in a more economicly friendly area...like redwood national park?

Unknown said...

We're pretty open but since Ian is taking time off to go to vegas we really need to center this trip around a weekend. First week of august is out for us and if we are doing flying we should really plan it when school is still in as flights will be cheaper.

Scott Nye said...

I'm leaning toward Zion now. Turns out it's not much more expensive for me because you can fly almost anywhere from LAX. Only caveat is that I'd need a ride from the airport, whether that means we all go in on a rental car or whatever, and that I'd have to cap the trip at like a four day weekend.

I'm available anytime after April, and the middle of May will be pretty action packed as well. The last week-ish of May would be a dream, but I could do almost anytime in June. After that it'd have to be kind of a wait and see thing since I don't know what I'll be doing for work.

But I'm super pumped no matter where we come down on it.

Unknown said...

scott what airport are looking at flying into?

Nancy said...

Ahh I can't do Memorial Day weekend because college friends are coming to visit. July 10th and 16th weekends are also out for me. April 16th weekend is out. Otherwise everything else is up for grabs. I'm gonna start a google calendar!

I'd also like to cap it at 4 days.

Unknown said...

also the weekend of May 7th, May 15, June 11 and June 18 are out for us.

Which it seems leaves the weekend of May 20th?

Unless I'm missing something we can't afford to fly to Utah and there is no way we could drive there and back and have time to do anything in 4 days.

Unknown said...

I guess I lied about being open...

b said...

you guys realize its only a three hour drive from vegas to zion, right?

seems like we could have the best of both pretty easily

steph and i could probably be there for part of the weekend of May 20th (that's also Colonel's birthday weekend....) since we're driving from Cali to St. Louis then. otherwise i'm not gonna be able to make it this summer, which is fine: I'm already saving my pennies for when Pat's in Hawaii and y'all should too.

pat said...

Haha, thanks for the shout out buddy. Unfortunately, I'm not gonna make it this summer either. Cool pics though.

Unknown said...

driving from vegas to zion may be a definite possibility we would have to check on babysitters in that case but that is the best idea I've heard so far! Glad you've broken your silence Ben! also, Nancy that was a very hostile update! I didn't know you swore....

Adrianna said...

I can't make it the entire month of May, except possibly Memorial Day weekend. July 4th weekend is out. Other than that, I'm pretty free.

Nancy said...

I was just really excited when I found the link to post the calendar

Unknown said...

oh ok

Unknown said...

oops don't hate me but Ian's graduation is on june 11.

Unknown said...

oh wait I don't feel bad i already said i wasn't available then