Monday, April 16, 2012

Prayers

Just got a message from Schneider:
"On a more somber note not sure if you heard Mike Rhoads got shot in Afghanistan yesterday. He is doing okay and after a stint in Germany, he will be coming home."

Please pray for Mike's recovery. I believe he was a Marine, I hope that means he'll be safe in Bethesda soon. Link is an article about a coordinated Taliban attack yesterday. Also, Devon is shipping out soon so keep him in your thoughts as well. I'll defer to Colonel on who the patron saint of soldiers is, but Ignatius was one so that can't hurt.

2 comments:

Miguel said...

Thanks for the update, he'll be in my prayers. And if anybody's looking to chat with the Communion of Saints and get them in on this action (oh, Catholic Theology grad student...), patron saint of soldiers is St. Michael.

pat said...

Yeah, mike is in the marines, an artillery officer I think. I heard he took one in the shoulder but is expected to make a full recovery