POP
10. G.O.O.D Music "New God Flow" {almost perfect, but for a goddamn lazy uncle joke, Ye}
9. Ellie Goulding "Lights"
8. Ke$ha "Die Young"
7. PSY "Gangham Style"
6. Taylor Swift "I Knew You Were Trouble"
5. Future "Turn Out the Lights"
4. 2 Chainz feat. Drake "No Lie"
3. Carrie Underwood "Blown Away"
2. Nicki Minaj "Va Va Voom"
1. Carly Rae Jepsen "Call Me Maybe"UNPOP
10. Chromatics "Kill For Love"
9. Grimes "Genesis"
8. Cloud Nothings "Stay Useless
7. Magnetic Fields "Andrew in Drag"
6. Grimes "Oblivion"
5. Spiritualized "Hey Jane"
4. Dinosaur Jr. "Watch the Corners"
3. Chromatics "Into the Black"
2. Clams Casino "Palace"
1. Friendzone "Little Red Corvette" {CMG Fantasy covers Podcast}
~~~~~~~~~~~BONUS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Songs I Would Pay a Monthly Tithing Never to Have to Hear Again
~Ultimate example is All-Star by Smashmouth. That song is a curse on humanity from the dying breath of a gypsy queen~
10. "We Are Young"- fun.
I'm happy Janaelle Monae hopped on (though under-used) and I'm real glad the Glee kids had a fresh one to sing, but if this song gets stuck in my head again, I will start plotting vengeance.
9. "Bandz Make Her Dance-"Juicy J (unescapable this summer)
8. "Stronger"- Kelly Clarkson
7. "We Are Never, etc."- Taylor Swift (AVRIL thinks this song is trite)
6. "Whistle"- Flo-Rida (Pat likes this song)
5. "Girl on Fire"- Alicia Keys (Written for a Chase card)
4. "Diamonds"-Rihanna
3 "Some Nights"- fun. (no hate, just so0o goddamn earworm-y)
2. "Somebody That I Used to Know"- Gotye (straight up hate)
1. "Truck Yeah"- Tim McGraw(?)
I don't really want to know. He's the only guy in country smart enough to cover Ryan Adams and he's making Trucktober commercials and putting them out as singles? How can you Houdini out of that kind of self-loathing?
3 comments:
Point of Contention.
I actually like Taylor Swift's "We Are Never" more than "I Knew You Were Trouble". I would put fun. in spots one and two on never want to hear again.
Point of Contention #2.
No Macklemore?
Pat's Points of Contention would be the best blog ever.
I still haven't listened to Macklemore. Gonna have to go on a youtube binge.
And you are definitely in agreement with the critical consensus on "We Are Never." Not sure why I hate it so.
I am real glad we agree on fun. They are the new Bon Jovi. I can't hate them for making universal anthems of youth and endurance, but I can definitely hope to avoid them all my days.
Post a Comment