Thursday, March 07, 2013

1st Quarterly Good Better Best [2013 Singles]

Disappointment: Darius Rucker "Wagon Wheel"- I like Rucker and I'm real glad the OCMS boys got a paycheck, but he hams it up a little much trying to make it his own.

Good Like a beautifully naive answer to "Heartbeats" 

Better Tie goes to the one with the more pronounced Scottish accent: 

Best One time a Cootie Catcher (edit: actually, on further reflection is was M*A*S*H, which is predicts four major tentpoles in life based on a whirlygig you draw) in Chicago's Midway Airport prophesized my perfect future, except I had to get married in a pink leather tux.  Glad none of that stuff came true, except this song, which is the ideal pop anthem for that mystical device and the girls who run them, so mischievously.  God bless 'em and the mystery with which they imbue our lives.



Bonus, Honus! "I Love It" Icona Pop (ft. Charli XCX) fun pop throwaway.  Told ya so on Charli

No comments: