
It is awesome that he is confident enough to only use a
couple Chicago kids; it would be better is he just upped his game enough
to rap on the same track with Pusha T without it being embarrassing.
Cuz Pusha could have killed several of these productions. White indie
critics are focusing on the beats being alienating because they swim in
a lukewarm soup of bedroom "pop," that isn't the problem with the
album. There just aren't enough Eureka! moments for it to be a top-tier
Kanye album. Although it does get bonus points for excluding Big Sean.
He continues to get awesome work out of Frank Ocean, Bon
Iver, Charlie Wilson and Kid Cudi (even Chief fucking Keef is pretty
good) and they save the day for me. 6 out of the 10 I legit enjoy,
though nothing up there with his best stuff. Breakdown (with track number) in descending
order from most to least. Except "I'm In It." I hate that the most. Out
of everything. Worst.
Dig It
#4 New Slaves
Frank Ocean's improvisational coda over this weird old European prog number is the song of the year:
#10 Bound 2
#7 Blood on the Leaves (needs to cut off the third and fourth verses. Hov-worship was boring 4 albums ago)
#2 Black Skinhead
#8 Guilt Trip
#5 Hold My Liquor
Alright With It
#3 I Am a God
#1 On Sight
HATE IT
#9 Send it Up
#6 I'm In It
1 comment:
So...I just listened to Magna Carta Holy Grail....Magna Carta Holy Shit that was a terrible album. At least Ye sounds like he has something he wants to say. Jay couldn't give less of a fuck, and the beats are absurd....dude is turning into The Eagles or something. Watch the Throne challenged him, and he out-rapped Kanye. Who is this shit for?
Post a Comment