Saturday, December 21, 2019
Future Teens BREAKUP SEASON (2019)
fulfilling a super-satisfying, surprisingly fresh and modern, trifecta of emo, pop-punk and Sarah Records-style Anorak pop.
I think Sarah (and K Records, to a lesser extent) has a ton to offer to the younger generation of musicians breaking right now, and I'm sure the most savvy (Phoebe MFing Bridgers) are already siphoning inspiration off them. Sarah has a ton of stuff on Bandcamp. I bought most of it back in the day on eMusic, so it is on defunct iPods and probably some storage DVDs somewhere at my parents' house. I listened to it a lot senior year of college, late night homework sessions surrounded by Christmas lights and knee-deep snow. When you're a kid you're told not to mess with your scabs, but as an adult you have to rip them open again and again, you have to stay fresh, you need a stinging wind, a wound that won't close.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment