Saturday, May 22, 2021

Jason Molina THE TOWNES VAN ZANDT COVERS (2016)


No one had as much soul as TVZ, until Jason Molina came around. Like the universe knew we needed someone. Not sure who we have now. Just old records.   


 

I used to sing Steph this song, looking at a lone pine covered in snow, wondering at my luck, steeled to fight doom, to scrap like the runt of the litter.

 

City of BohaneCity of Bohane by Kevin Barry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

apropos of nothing surely, I'll never forget a certain Pakistani friend of mine, in high school, showing me an image of a Hamas freedom fighter hands raised triumphantly with an IRA man, two dead men against empire, braver than I'll ever be. Palestine will be free. Ireland will be whole. the land will belong to those who can endure the most.

View all my reviews

No comments: