Wednesday, September 04, 2024

Sufjan Stevens SEVEN SWANS [DELUXE EDITION] (2024)

 

my favorite of his, always puzzled why it got a backseat to the more gimmicky stuff. back in 04/05 I had Dress Looks Nice on You on a burned CD, think the MP3 was free on Pitchfork back when they posted those. absolutely insane that it has been 20 years 20 years ago we were starting senior, assembling the best damn lunch table the world had ever seen. i miss you guys. one of the best feelings in the world was walking into an after-dinner twilight, hopping in the car, cranking the music, and driving somewhere to go see my friends. 10/10 no notes

3 comments:

Magda said...

I'm very glad this blog still exists.

Not sure why my ADHD brain brought me here today - just killing time until the new Taylor Swift album drops, probably - but I had an excellent nostalgic time perusing the archives. 20 years is a very long time, but also not all that long ago somehow.

Y'all were fucking poets btw and I miss all you guys and your shenanigans.

I'm very bummed that so many photos and videos and links have been lost to the black hole of the internet, but this is the prettiest little time capsule of our youth and I hope it never disappears. I am deeply ashamed and full of regret that Pink Hibiscus is no more and only hope that our random little videos (eg. Cynda punching Pat in the balls) are still out there in the world somewhere.

Ben, if you have any documentation of what was actually on the jig-able playlist we apparently collaborated on circa April 2008, I would pay good money to see it. I'm also dying to know if y'all ever found out if "Gorman's Music" was, in fact, Dr. Gorman's music.

Bang away, my friends, bang away!

b said...

I think our Jig playlist dissolved when they axed Google Chat, pretty sure it was you me and Scott hashing that out. AIM was great, Google Chats was great; they really don't like us having a non-public facing way to chat and hang on the internet. And they hate mysterious/emo away messages, clearly!

Blogger persists, and it's search function is great. It does suck that the links and photobucket, et al. have disappeared. I love going through the 2004-06 posts, it makes me realize how much of my sense of humor I got from all you guys. I chose to embrace the mystery and not try to learn the Gorman truth. He was a U2/REM genXer, so it mostly added up. I cannot believe I wasted hours of my teenage years typing 173 songs into Blogger :-/

b said...

PS nothing is stopping us from re-creating the ball-punching video. I'm pretty sure we know the secret to getting him unsuspecting (six to eight fingers of Blanton's)