Today is registration. In less than four hours, I will be back at Jesuit, getting my learning materials, my locker number, turning in papers, and all the rest.
Sad? A little bit. In this day and age, I think you'd be hard-pressed not to find a teenager with no sense of yearning to have done more in the summer. This generation just lacks a certain motivation in their gene. Not to say we're lazy, or unable to get things done, but I know that unless somebody forces me, I generally cannot find motivation to be incredibly active.
But at the same time, I find myself at the end of these three months able to say that yeah, I had a good summer. I don't feel like I wasted much of it. I feel like I wasted a bit of it, though. However, when pondering what I wasted, I'm not sure it was wise to pursue it. Regardless, at the end of the day, today I can say that there has been more closure to the summer than just the seal of re-entering the doors of the Jesuit institution.
The rain this month was pretty surprising, but a welcome surprise, at least for me. And now that it's cleared off and the sun has come back, I can feel the Autumn winds rushing around the corner. Maybe it's just the fact that it's the morning. But really, I can see a twinge of yellow beginning to show in a few leaves.
I'm ready for Senior year. Bring it on. I will kick its ass.
No comments:
Post a Comment