Tuesday, August 31, 2004

First day back

Whew...first day of school. I'd like to say it was exhausting, but in reality I only had two real classes (2nd period free, 7th period assembly, 4th period tech, 5th religion, 6th stats), so it wasn't...but it WAS. AAANNNNNYway...

First, if we have any underclassman readers (which I doubt, seeing as we have very few readers, period), but if we do...take a free period. Seriously. It's the best thing ever. I've only had one day and it rocks. I played solitaire while listening to the Rick Emerson Show (which, seriously...if you aren't listening, you should be...you'll be a better person for it).

Whhaaaat else...oh, yeah, tech. Tech rocks. Class looks good, should shape up well this year. Looking forward to hearing about third period.

Oh, and lunch. All due respect to those who were in lunch 1 with me last year (and we had a DAMN cool lunch period), it's good to be back with much of the old gang. As we said today: "t'will be a good year...for HUMANITY." And off-campus priveleges, how cool is THAT?

So yeah...it's good to be back, feels like I never left. Great to see some people, slightly awkward to see others. It is to be expected, though, so I am in no position of complaint. I shall end with the quote that accompanied my away message today, which is very appropriate for the start of school...

"Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing."-Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

No comments: