Monday, May 28, 2007

Arcade Fire [live]

Set:
Keep the Car Running
No Cars Go
Neighborhood #2 (Laika)
Haiti
Black Mirror
Neon Bible
Distortions (Clinic cover)
In the Backseat
Intervention
(Antichrist Television Blues)
Ocean of Noise
Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
The Well and the Lighthouse
Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
Rebellion (Lies)

Encore:
My Body is a Cage
Wake Up


Ian and I would have died for a Born on a Train cover, but I think everyone had a great time. Except when Magda and Cynda got sent back to their seats after invading the aisles. Every song was outstanding, so I don't feel like I can criticize the three or so that were just outstanding and not wholly superb. Each song in succession reminded me why I don't have a favorite Arcade Fire song like I do with most bands, I have a favorite ten Arcade Fire songs, in no immutable order. The set design and showmanship were fantastic, evoking a 1920's film shot at a carnival funhouse or something equally absurd and perfect. The songs started as boulders already rushing downhill, and just gained momentum. It was thrilling to be part of; a wild out-of-another-dimension punk rock orchestra. My life's biggest regret is now assauged having seen that show.

Sorry for the incoherence, felt like I had to write it pretty quick or it would never get done. And its late. Cheers.

Rating: mMMmGravy-MMMGravy

Thanks for snatching tickets Magda. (Send me the picture Cynda?)

3 comments:

Cynda said...

95-100% are you crazy man!?! It was like a 120%

Anyway i put the picture on facebook and seeing as you have one now you can get it there!

magda. said...

yay-uh!

imac said...

it was a pretty sweet concert