Sunday, April 13, 2008

I Have a Crush on Barack Obama

I went on saw the Senator speak Wednesday. Stephanie got me a ticket and I went in and then she sneaked past the Secret Service and joined me. And that is a man that wakes up the hope in me that was so crushed November 2004 that I thought it could never come back. That old game, where you think about who you'd take a bullet for, well the older I get, the fewer people it would be. But he is one. I know Scott is following the election, anybody else? Thoughts? I have been reading DailyKos and Huffingtonpost and Politico and The New York Times pretty much daily for the last few months watching this thing. It has been a helluva rollercoaster.

*There was a part in his speech where he talked about all the speeches he'd given and all the babies he'd kissed, and he pointed out into the crowd and said "That's a cute baby. I'm gonna kiss that baby." And the mother literally handed her baby forward on the hands of the crowd to receive a kiss. A crowd-surfing, Moses-on-the-Nile, baby. It was hilarious and heart-warming.

No comments: