Friday, April 11, 2008
This was going to be a PS to my Guatemala post
PS: I'm typing this on a Mac. I don't know what you are talking about, Ben, Macs are awful. Apple+x to cut? One-buttoned mouse? Program menus at the top of the screen? Seriously! Everything is over-simplified, and you can't do anything. And don't get me started on iTunes. I'm even kinda ashamed to have an ipod, but its only because its the only decent mp3 player. The computers though, are overly expensive (software and hardware) and are not any better. Its pretty sad, though, all of the computers at work and at the Sun are Macs, so I'm forced to use them a lot. Anyway, they suck. Bens wrong, and is just buying into Macs because they are indie and fashionable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I think I have a perfect track record of avoiding things expressly because they are indie and fashionable, but in spite of this I own a Mac and love it. They might be too expensive, but that's mostly an illusion, because you get a TON of free software, but very little of it is of any real use to you.
The Mac operating system is incredibly intuitive once you eliminate the insane processes Windows has ingrained in you, and operates flawlessly. It AMAZES me when I think of the crap I used to put up with when I used Windows (the easiest examples are that there is no Mac equivalent for the blue screen of death, and the few times you get an error, it isn't described to you in random letters and numbers).
iTunes is the finest music player available. Hands down.
Yeah, i have a mac too. It's the shit.
i grew up on macs. the first time i ever saw a PC and/or windows was when i went to school. i'm still shaken up.
about their "fashionability," i have mixed opinions. what most people don't realize is that macs haven't changed at all since when they started (except now apple has a bigger budget). they've always been different, innovative, and stylish, and this was particularly revitalized when steve jobs came back to apple at the end of the 90's and supervised the release of first everything-in-one-desktop computer, the imac, in about 97, followed by the real deal clincher, the ipod, in about 99-00.
it's very strange for me to see crowded apple stores and so on, since before the ipod most people didn't even know what an apple was, and if they did, they thought they were stupid. it's kind of like liking a band before it gets popular...
apple has been around long before the hipsters, and will be long after they get their skinny jeans and ironic t-shirts outta my f@#king stores lol. but in all seriousness, don't begrudge apple for enjoying a bit of success. as i said, the first computer i ever used was a Macintosh SE (1989), and i have never been disappointed since. apple's always been apple and always will be; people are just finally catching on.
chuck
Doug, I will agree with you, Macs suck
i'm like chuck, been using them for years. the operating system is far and away superior (have you compared the search functions). All your hater reasons were cliched and small potatoes anyway. it might cost a little more, but it is way more reliable. and yeah, what's wrong with itunes dude?
nancy, don't you pretty much do everything on a mac? if not now, won't you when you work for pixar?
Post a Comment