Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Lost In Reflections

Dead Letters Spell Out Dead Words - Lost In Reflections


I realize that not everyone is into ambient/experimental stuff but you should give Lost In Reflections a try. I actually thought it was pretty accessible, especially if you enjoy post-rock. Hell, they're even named like a post-rock band. There isn't much that jumps out at you but it's kind of haunting. Like a ghost that's been stuck in a house by itself for centuries and now it's finally letting it all out.

If you don't want to go through the full album, I recommend starting with What I Wouldn't Give To Feel Alive (track 3) which sounds kinda like Califone collaborating with Explosions In The Sky.

Rating: MMmGravy (85%)

ps
The fifth track was too big for gmail so it isn't up there

1 comment:

b said...

thanks Ian, that's definitely a keeper. i've been on an electronic kick for a couple weeks now and this is my favorite along with Fennesz's Endless Summer. i was listening to The Field (which got a ton of hype) earlier today, and its similar, but this is way better. it feels a lot more earned. redemptive and dark, like easter on Mir. tough combo to pull off.