Friday, March 19, 2010

Ryan Reynolds is a douchebag

Wow, looks like my earlier post has generated some buzz. No surprise, I'm kind of a lightning rod for conversation.

Duke is unathletic because they only have one athletic guy on their team, Smith. When talking about guys like us, sure they're all athletic. When talking about division I collegiate basketball we have to hold them to a higher standard. For example, if you can't dunk you're not an athlete in the college basketball world. So scheyer, although a great shooter and pretty good ball handler, would not be considered athletic. Same for Singler. I know he can dunk, but he's 6'9" so he should be able to. If you watch Singler play, he doesn't really beat opponents with his quickness or athletic ability, but rather his basketball IQ and tenaciousness. I'm not saying it's a bad thing but they are what they are.

What a first day of the tournament. Overtime, buzzer beaters, close games, notre dame losing...what more could you ask for? Unfortunately, it was mitigated by a very bland and boring second day, although props to both cornell and gonzaga for getting me some good wins.

Finally, as if it weren't enough that ryan reynolds is married to one of the hottest women on the planet, i just found out he's gonna be the green lantern. You all probably knew that already but I would just like to say that this casting decision is like choosing rowan atkinson to be the next bond. For shame hollywood, for shame.

3 comments:

b said...

villanova just put on a clinic of how NOT to play tournament basketball. good on SMU. call bank next time tho.

did anyone else used to watch Ryan Reynolds on Two Guys A Girl and a Pizza Place? god i used to watch anything that was on

Scott Nye said...

I never watch Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place, but I kind of wish I had, because everything Ryan Reynolds does makes me laugh.

Miguel said...

Scott, it's not too late. TVShack.net. How I've wasted any fruitful free time in Lima and what you should/n't check out.