Saturday, April 24, 2010

Best of 3

That's what we got left. I really don't think enough has been written about these blazers. About how they're a joy to watch, they do everything the right way and the never complain. I don't know how many of you follow the nba, but complaining has become the norm. Whenever something doesn't go right it's either the refs, injury's, or some other pathetic excuse. Not your Trail Blazers. B-Roy goes down, they go out and win game one. No excuses. The game tonight was one of the most fun games I ever watched. B-Roy was at maybe 50 percent. He just had surgery that would put all of us out for a month, he was playing a professional basketball game in eight days. Was it his best game, no. But the lift he gave to the crowd and the team is immeasurable. Not to mention the room he made for LA. And I think this was his coming out game. Blazers are paying him big money because they believe in him. And tonight, he showed why. When that outside jumper is hitting, he's unstoppable. Think Rasheed Wallace, except he has a good attitude and know how to use his strengths. But B-Roy played tonight like he needs to play for the blazers to win this series. Let the game come to him and then take over in the fourth. Exactly what he did tonight. And kudos to the Portland crowd as well. There's a reason all the calls went Portland's way in the fourth. So good for the crowd. This thing's definitely going seven, unless Portland can end it in six. But I go back to my first point, this team is fun to watch. Batum, finally showing a tougher side, shoving Amare. I loved it. Sure, it cost us a point, but it showed that we will not be pushed around and dominated. Just think about it, if we get by Phoenix it's either Spurs or Mavericks, two teams we dominated this year. Think big, Portland fans. And that's who it rests on. The fans. Can't have another performance like game 3. Can't lose another home court game. Need to intimidate the refs, make them scared to call a foul on the blazers. It's a three game series. With B-Roy back and LA finally breaking through, I'll be disappointed if we don't advance. High expectations, yes. But after watching this team all year, how could have anything but?

1 comment:

b said...

well it just ended. all kinds of heartbreak. what a great team. we woulda ended the spurs.

this is seriously one of my favorite Blazers teams of all time. I ragged on them a lot cuz I wanted LA to step up so bad, but these guys were the real deal. a couple of breaks, a little bit of help from Rudy, and we coulda won this series. but I won't hold it against them. what they did this year, after losing GO and Joel, was amazing.

really nice write-up, exactly right. this was a team to be proud of. damn straight.