So instead of unpacking today Ben and I made an apple pie. Ben was very helpful! At one point he climbed on the counter (which was covered in flour because I was rolling out the dough) and laid on it. I yelled "Benjamin!" and rather than Ben making any move to get off the counter he continued to roll around on the counter and exclaimed in a high pitched mocking tone "Benjamin! get down!" Then he just laughed and continued to lay face down making something akin to flour angels. Of course Ian remained sitting on the other side of the counter and laughed at me!
The pie turned out perfectly by the way. I mean if you can get past the fact that a toddler was laying on the counter before I rolled the dough out. Well, that as well as a certain someone not being able to keep his fingers out of it...and Ben wasn't much better.
I would just like to let Mike know that I spent way too much time worrying about whether I used the word lay correctly in this post and I still have no idea whether I did or didn't.
Oh and yes Pat, maybe we should have a Thanksgiving party here (even though I'm guessing you won't be here)! Will anyone be coming home for Thanksgiving?
5 comments:
"lying", not "laying."
Love!
I'll be home for Thanksgiving. I probably won't be for Christmas, so I better see you guys then! Toddler apple pie sounds delicious.
We should have a pie making competition.
I don't think we should be putting toddlers in pies.
yeah...with Pat on this one.
Post a Comment