Hey, my people.
So my sister just got back from DCE last night, with tears in her eyes and big ol’ bear hugs for all. I got to see the chaos that was their return home – those kids were high on love, there’s not really any other way to say it and it’s a really rare to see that kind of thing.
So of course I couldn’t help remembering what an amazing two weekends I had on my encounters. And even the second time around, at the beginning of senior year, I didn’t know half of you well enough to even exchange cookies with you all. Hell, it wasn't until after that that we had most of our beach trips and Twister tournaments and meteor showers and kickball games and long nights at Ian's, etc. And it may be cheesy to say it, seven years later, but not so much on day four: I love you guys, each and every one of you, and you’re still my best friends and favorite people in the world. Even if I only get to see you a couple of times a year. Just so you know, you’re kind of a big deal.
P.S. It made me really want to go back to St. Benny’s and be an adult leader or a cook on one of those weekends. I’d love to see what a co-ed encounter’s like, anyone else maybe want to go in April?
P.P.S. It was also announced last night (and I feel obliged to report) that my sister beat Mr. Massey in the final throes of Birdie on a Perch to win it all. I am so proud.
2 comments:
Beating Massey...wow! She joins an elite group of humans. I wouldn't be surprised if she got whisked away by a secret guild for superhero training.
let's all go be cooks. i can make a mean chili. and magda now knows a superhero, so she has cred.
Post a Comment